Technology, at least in theory, is improving our productivity, efficiency, and communication. The one thing it’s not doing is making us happier. We are experiencing historically high levels of depression and dissatisfaction.
But we can change that.
Knowing that technology is here to stay and will continue to evolve in form and function, we need to know how to navigate the future to achieve a better balance between technology, productivity, and well-being. Technology can drive—not diminish—human happiness.
In The Future of Happiness, author Amy Blankson, cofounder of the global positive psychology consulting firm GoodThink, unveils five strategies successful individuals can use, not just to survive—but actually thrive—in the Digital Age:
- Stay Grounded to focus your energy and increase productivity
- Know Thyself through app-driven data to strive toward your potential
- Train Your Brain to develop and sustain an optimistic mindset
- Create a Habitat for Happiness to maximize the spaces where you live, work, and learn
- Be a Conscious Innovator to help make the world a better place
By rethinking when, where, why, and how you use technology, you will not only influence your own well-being but also help shape the future of your community. Discover how technologies can transform the idea of “I’ll be happy when . . .” to being happy now.
The future of happiness: 5 modern strategies for balancing productivity and well-being in the digital era
(BenBella Books Inc, 2017)